Sunday, June 28, 2009

Back in the saddle again!

Well, I finished 36 North and (even though my helmet is wobbyjawed) I did not wreck! I placed 5th in my age group an 81 overall. Quick recap:
Swim: The worst part of the whole thing. Either I underestimated my pool skills (DOUBT IT) or everyone else grossly overestimated theirs. I walked most of my swim and was forced to pass groups of people in the pool. I became frustrated and it threw my whole race in a different direction.
Bike: I averaged 19.3 mphs and was happy for my effort. After the swim debacle, I decided to enjoy the journey and shake off the cobwebs. Therefore, I did not push it and talked to folks during the bike. I wish I decided to push it a little more.
Run: I underestimated the climbs on this run course. The back-hill to the finish line had several people walking and I was determined not to walk! Avg. 8:36 miles.
Overall: Great race with a fantastic energy to it. For me personally, it sparked a fire and has got me training to PR soon.
Lesson from Journey: Patience man, Patience.

1 comment:

Barefoot Dad said...

Slowpokes in the pool suck. Let's meet soon for an early morning run...